What is better: leather upholstery or polyester for furniture?
Everyone who chooses his new upholstered furniture home, in the first place, focuses on quality. We must be sure that the quality corresponds to the cost of new furniture.
If you pay a little more attention to choosing the right upholstery, you will get furniture that will please you for many years. The quality of furniture fabric is one of the main factors affecting the quality of the product.
Today the market offers a wide range of different materials for furniture upholstery. When choosing a suitable option for yourself, you must take into account your lifestyle, your household and the environment of your home.
This will help you to make the perfect sofa choice that will be comfortable and suitable for you.
In this article we will tell you about the differences of leather and fabric from 100% polyester for furniture. And also we will help you to understand in which case what material will be the best solution.
100% polyester upholstery
Polyester - one of the most common materials for furniture upholstery. Polyester is made from synthetic polyester fibers, which are obtained from the processing of oil.
Polyester is used to produce these types of fabrics such as microfiber, velor, matting, satin, tweed, jacquard and some types of artificial leather.
Polyester has a number of significant advantages. Thanks to its durable fiber, the sofa in polyester upholstery can withstand many years of operation. It is resistant to the penetration of stains into the structure of the fabric. Colored fabrics have a high degree of color fastness.
Polyester upholstered sofas have a number of features:
- They have high strength.
- As a rule, they have a long service life.
- Polyester sofas are more resistant to tearing, shrinkage, certain chemicals, stretching and abrasion.
- It has a hydrophobic nature that allows it to easily absorb water.
- You can use special furniture cleaners and then easily dry your sofa.
- Polyester sofas retain their shape due to the elasticity of fibers and their elasticity. You do not need to worry that your sofa will once squeeze due to long use.
A few tips on how to increase the life of your polyester upholstered sofa:
- Do not expose the sofa to excessive heat.
- Do not wash pillows from the sofa or use dryers.
- Do not place hot irons or other flammable objects on it.
- When cleaning the sofa, use a mild detergent, a soft brush, a roller or a lint brush.
Another common option for furniture upholstery is leather. This is a durable natural material that is made from pieces of animal skins.
Furniture in leather upholstery is always very smooth and pleasant to the touch, it looks really expensive and elegant.
This is a natural material that has unique properties, perfectly conducts heat. Leather sofas, as a rule, serve for 5-10 years longer than furniture upholstered in any other material. After all, the skin is very durable and resistant to tearing, wear and abrasion.
Such furniture is easy to clean from any household stains and long retains its original appearance.
Special attention is given to the appearance of leather furniture. She looks very aesthetic, emphasizes the high status of the owner of the house, creates an atmosphere of luxury.
However, despite the fact that leather furniture is easy to clean from stains, it is quite whimsical in constant care. In addition, changes in temperature affect the feeling of using furniture. When the room is too hot, the surface of the sofa becomes sticky and wet, and in cold weather it is too cold to sit. The disadvantages also include a high price.
If you want your leather sofa to retain its beautiful appearance for a long time, then use our tips:
- When buying, make sure that you buy furniture from real high-quality leather, and not glued pieces. The fact is that the glued skin is the remnants of illiquid pieces of low quality.
- You need to constantly moisten the surface of the sofa so that it remains soft.
- It is best to choose a skin of dark shades or color, and not white, which is very fastidious in the care.
- Ensure that the temperature and humidity in the room is maintained at an optimum level.
- To clean your sofa, use only soft products and special equipment that will not damage the material.
- Keep your leather sofa away from the source of light and sunlight.
Summing up, we can conclude that buying new furniture is an important decision that should fully reflect your lifestyle and needs.
Although polyester sofas are durable and versatile enough, they are made of chemicals, while leather products are completely natural and retain their aesthetic appearance for much longer.
Polyester furniture fabric is an excellent option for young, active, modern people, and leather is ideal for those who want to emphasize their social status and wealth.
Go to our catalog and choose the upholstery that meets all your requirements.